Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sumare

Hey,
First off, could you email me Elder Holland´s talk? I missed it...I know, tear! My companion was sick and we missed that session. I got to hear all of the others and they were great. President Monson´s talk was, as always, great. I heard that Uchdorf gave an amazing talk in Priesthood, and I really liked Eyring and Elder Gong.

I received your package yesterday. The Ranch dressing is amazing and I´ve already eaten all of the goldfish!

Shout out to the Amazing Emily, Patricia, and Amanda. You will all have letters!

So, patience, my friends. Patience. My companion is a good missionary and she works hard... God gave me her for a reason. She is helping me with my portuguese, in every setting, and corrects me during lessons, on the street and with other missionaries, and so, yes, I get embarrassed but if this is what I need to speak better than so be it. Prayer is my friend, and I´m trying to be totally obedient.

My Saving Grace is that my dear Sister Monterio is in my district and we had a chance to talk yesterday. I miss my elders, we were all really close. No word yet if President is going to let us return to Bragança for Ana´s wedding and Baptism, but I´m praying that he will.

We´ve been working a ton and have three baptisms for this week. I know that I need to be more humble and listen more and that is what I am going to do. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and Sister Monterio´s mom has adopted Eric and is sending him food and other cool stuff...small world.

To Dad:
Things I would say if I were speaking in Stake conference

Pray-You have your best friend and your loving Father and they love it when you talk to them

Read your scriptures, you will have peace.

Go to the temple often, you live really close to it. Seriously, I am quite jealous of all of you. If you can´t go in, walk around the grounds. You are some of the luckiest people in the world.

Help with missionary work, GIVE THE MISSIONARIES PEOPLE TO TEACH. This is the salvation of our souls.

Hang out with your family and make happy memories. Families are the most important thing on this earth. Life is too short for regrets.

Remember that you choose to be happy.

Always do your part.

Home and Visiting Teaching is not a responsibility, it is an act of love.

Love everyone and serve every day.

Joseph Smith saw God. When we read the first vision, you know in your heart that it is true.

Write and send Christmas gifts to missionaries in Brasil :) JK on the last one.

The gospel is simple, the gospel is perfect and our God and Savior are perfect.

Anyway, love ya,
-Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment