Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sumare

So modern miracle, President Tanner autoritized my and Sister Monterio's return to Bragança for the wedding and baptism of BOTH ANA AND GILSON!!!!!!! YEAH!!! And tommarow we have a multi zone conference with Elder Sorres of the 70! Wow, I am so excited.


The last week has been hard, though. I feel as if I am not doing my very best here. The days seem to drag on, many people are willing to listen to us but none want to make committments to have the gospel in their lives fully. Our baptisms fell though on Saturday, and so Sister Wagner and I went to go talk to them...and Sister Wagner told me that I was giving the lesson on faith, which totally freaked me out, so before we walked in, we said a prayer for the spirit to guide our words, and with courage in our callings, we began to talk to them. We read Alma 32:21 when it talks about hoping for things not seen, and then I asked them what their greatest desires were, and then went on to say that only through baptism and the gospel of Jesus Christ can we have those desires of family, health, and happiness. Sister Wagner actually said afterwards that my Portuguese was near perfect, which as everyone who is reading my blog knows, is quite an accomplishment...the Spirit was helping alot. After, Sister Wagner began to speak about the atonement but they were having doubts and so she went to call the zone leaders for help, leaving me alone in the room, and I didn´t know what to say. I ended up bearing my testimony about my baptism, about how after I felt the happiness of heaven and how it was a perfect moment for both me and my dad. They said they will come to church on Sunday...so we will see.

I know without a doubt how powerful diligence and obedience are. I don´t want to give the Lord any reason NOT to bless me, and there are many things I need to do better. I feel like I´m not doing my best, but I don´t know what to do to. Paitence is an attribute that I have to learn, as well how to pray more specifically. I have so many faults, so many imperfections and all I can do is take them to the Lord and learn. Prayer and knowledge, we had a fast yesterday, so we´ll see if we can meet the elect.

Also yesterday when we were at a members house, they had the tv on, and it was Home Alone, at the last part when John Williams music is perfect and everyone is home for a white christmas and I had to walk out of the room because it reminded me that I won´t be home for Christmas.

Anyway, I love you guys. Dad, good luck with stake conference...if you want to add that along with scout masters, primary teachers, and people who stay to clean up after activities, that those who write letters and send packages to missionaries in Brasil get an automatic pass to the celestial kingdom, I don´t have a problem with that. I love you all, Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment