Monday, August 16, 2010










Family-

Julia was baptised on Saturday. It was great, the baptism was lovely, the YW sang a song.

Yesterday was our final zone conference before everyone is transfered. Two of the elders, Sister Santos, and our ZL Elder Reibero are heading home in a week, so Sister Monterio and I decided to throw a 'death' party. It was fun! We all wore black and we cried and sang 'Come, come ye saints'. We talked about all the things we had learned from the 'leaving' missionaries. Sister Monterio and I baked some cakes for the elders, and set up the room. Yes, I am the party planner of the mission.

The zone leader said that he was pleased with my progress, that people understand me, and that I have a huge gift of love. He said another great skill I have is that I know how to get things done...thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me. I know I still have a long way to go, but I´m doing okay here and am teaching, baptising and serving, I couldn´t ask for a better calling. Remember, language and everything else is secondary when you love the people and you want God to bless them. Have faith and God can do anything and everything. And he does.

We´re prob going to have a baptism this week and then next week is transfers so you´ll have a whole lot more to hear about next week. Love ya all. Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment